Sunday, April 26, 2009

Reposting... trouble with my blog posts for some reason

So here's the latest Publix visit . . . And, we're all on the mend, although my headache just came back and my throat is killing me. DH's throat is still hurting too. Natalya is actually taking a nap today and Z is also sleeping. I may go join them.

"Dave Says it's ok!" Ah the first time I got to use that phrase. Thank you so much Starbucksgirl! (Kelly) lol. I went to Publix today, and after almost having a heart attack because Natalya dropped one of my coupon envelopes (worth about $100 to me, might as well have dropped a hundred dollar bill, but someone turned it in to customer service intact. whew! I must have good coupon karma), had fun waiting while the cashier/asst manager looked over all my coupons. fun stuff. Then said, "we can't take this, it's over $5" talking about the grill coupon, I informed him that a friend of mine spoke with Tim (I was at the Nippers Corners store) and Dave (regional csm) and both said it was ok. He said, oh, ok. And then he wasn't sure about my 10/100 competitor coupon, but Tim came over and okayed it. :)

It has been a long week, two sick children, a sick husband, and while checking out, I started getting dizzy and suddenly got hot and felt like I was going to pass out. I grabbed a card off the cashier's stand and started fanning myself with it, and put Z down, since his body temp of 103 was making it worse. Finally started feeling better.

But here's what I got...(the lady behind me was in awe of my coupon/discount total.)
12 bags Birdseye frozen veggies (with a raincheck)
1 bag charcoal
2 Revlon emery board packs
2 Revlon nail clippers
2 Teddy Grahams
6 Michelina pasta al dente
2 Juicy Juice Immunity apple juice
1 Glad sandwich bags
2 Hunt's ketchup
2 Yoplait GoGurt
1 Del Monte Orchard Select fruit
2 Muir Glen tomato sauce
2 Silk Soymilk
6 Rice-a-Roni whole grains
4 Sundown vitamins
4 Suave hair product
12 Skippy natural peanut butter
1 bag red potatoes
1 lb shrimp
1 pack pork cutlets

Total oop: $18.18 (could've done better, but a few things I wanted were gone and I started feeling bad and didn't get a few mm's)
Total saved: $143.60 (87% savings)

1 comment:

starbucksgirl said...

Hey there. So glad to hear you're feeling better.

I wanted to let you know that the Nipper's corner store does not take the Target printables; they never have. I think I've already told you which stores do though so I won't cover that again.

I was just thinking about you this morning and I also thought it would be a good idea to get together. I was talking to my mom's group about you the other day and we wanted to invite you to come over and hang out with us. We meet on Fridays and it is at my house sometimes. Would you like to come one Friday? I'd also love to go shopping together. I usually go on Wednesdays and Sunday but could meet you on Tuesday this week since that's the day you shop. Let me know and have a great evening!