Thursday, April 16, 2009

The new Publix

I went to the new Bellemeade store today and it was awesome! I handed the cashier my stack of q's and he said "oh wow" lol!! He did get a bit confused b/c he scanned my items, then as he was scanning my q's I realized I picked up the wrong Egglands. The bagger went to get the right ones and he took the wrong ones off...making my total -$3xx LOL!! She came back and said there was only one left and rang it, making my total -$.06 plus tax. I reminded the casdhier to take off 2 of the egglands coupons, which added back $2 to my total. He was thoroughly confused- but I assured him it was right! heh.
oh, sidenote- the cooking spray was cheaper here! $2.93 bogo, with my All You q's and pxq's, made them free+ overage!

So- here's what I got:
3 Stonyfield yogurt
2 One-a-day men's
2 Yoplait Trix 6-packs
2 Kellog's Smart Start cereal
3 Mueller pasta
1 Pam Cooking Spray
2 Marzetti croutons
2 Sundown Vitamins
1 dz Egglands
Total oop: $5.60 and will get back approximately $4 for the Smart Start "Try Me" rebates... so $1.60!
Total saved before rebate: $45.78 or 88%
Total saved after rebate: $47.73 or 96%

4 comments:

starbucksgirl said...

Hey there!

In answer to your questions:

1. No, I didn't use the manufacturer Q's for the Revlon. The only one that I could find specifically said that it was for a comsmetic product (not a beauty tool).

2. There are 3 Publix stores that I have found that take Target Q's (Cool Springs, Franklin, and Maryland Farms). I haven't found any that take drugstore Q's. My competitor coupon was an HG Hill coupon.

Have a great day and THANK YOU for the tip on the Sundown coupon! You're the best.

starbucksgirl said...

Brandy,

Thank you so much for the great tips this week. You are so sweet to pass those along to me.

Here's the answer to your questions:

1. Re: the Stoneyfield Farms coupon. We have access to numerous computers so we can print lots of printable coupons.

2. I shopped at Maryland Farms (Brentwood) for that trip.

3. I didn't know about the Glad straws but that's a great tip. I am going to a different Publix tonight to get the rest of my peanut butter and Teddy Grahams.

4. BTW, do you ever shop on Wednesdays? That's the day that I go to Maryland Farms.

Have a great day!

Kelly

starbucksgirl said...

I didn't clean out the skippy at either store. Just make sure you look on the end caps as the peanut butter aisle is cleaned out but the end caps are still full.

I found the flyer at the Nipper's Corner store. They had them next to the coupon kiosk.

I'm on my way out for one more trip (since the baby is with the hubby tonight). I'm going to use up my last two peelies tonight. Yahoo! I need a break from couponing!

starbucksgirl said...

The Olay Q's are manufacturer's Q's for any Olay hand or body lotion. The Olay Quench trial size are $1.79. These are usually located by the aspirin. They are on the end cap.

Night, night.

PS - I picked up some of the "Save the Planet or Earth" flyers (or whatever they're called) for you tonight. I have about 10 of them for you. Just let me know if you need them and you can come by and pick them up. I live right by the Nipper's corner store (about a mile away). They have the Soymilk coupon in them.