Saturday, May 23, 2009

More fun with publix

Here's my deals for today. :) We went to the Publix in Bellevue (a little past West End) since it's by Amanda's house and she said they are coupon friendly. It was also nice because apparently a lot of couponers don't shop there, all the good moneymakers were in stock. ;) Amanda went with me to help me out and learn a little about how to work Publix. (Thanks Amanda for your help!!) I had some large items and needed two carts. Doug took N to lunch at Moe's and they went for a walk while we shopped. Then they came in and he took Z after he woke up and Amanda read some stories to N while I checked out. It was a long process, but got some AWESOME deals. :)

I did five transactions.(sorry no pictures, I didn't have the energy to lay it all out and photograph it.)

I am pretty excited because we NEEDED dog food and I don't have the money in the budget to buy a $20-30 bag of dog food, so I worked it in (and I had a coupon for the one on sale anyway- woohoo!) And I got 2 pounds each of cherries (which we love) and shrimp (which I never splurge on), and about 5 pounds of bananas, which my child is going to eat us out of house and home on.

4 Lay's potato chips
3 boxes Orville Redenbacher popcorn
2 Sara Lee bread
14 Pedigree Dentastix
8 Kraft singles
8 Kraft barbque sauce
4 New England coffee
1 Extra gum
2 Bush's baked beans
10 Kraft dressing
1 Freschetta frozen pizza
2 Heluva Good French Onion Dip
2 Philadelphia Spinach/Artichoke Cream Cheese spread
1 1/2 gallon Horizon milk
5 Pork chops/ribs (for Mamu/Papa)
4 J&J Red Cross items
5.5 lb bananas
1 KC Masterpiece bbq sauce
2 Covergirl lipstick
2 lb shrimp
4 Glad Cling wrap
2 Kraft Miracle Whip dressing (for Mom)
2lb cherries
3 Kingsford charcoal
6 Smart Taste Ronzoni pasta
7 Mahatma rice
2 Carefree pantiliners
9 A1 Steak Sauce
2 Schick razors (raincheck)
1 Huggies Megapack diapers
1 Huggies wipes
1 16lb bag Iams dog food

I used individual and/or competitor coupons on everything but the produce and meat, and I used a $5/25 Whole Foods meat/produce coupon, 2 $5/50 purchase competitor coupons, and a few rr's. This left me a grand total of...

Total oop: $33.41
Total savings: $392.83 (91% savings)

Now I have to figure out what I am going to do with the charcoal. Everyone I know has a gas grill. I already pawned one off on Amanda for her vacation. Maybe she needs another one?

3 comments:

Tara said...

Great job! I am glad everything worked out for you!

starbucksgirl said...

Sell that charcoal on craigslist girl. I sell mine for 3/$10 and it goes quickly. Just ask for cash and then people will come by to pick it up.

Earthy Mama said...

I never have luck with Craigslist- maybe b/c I'm in Clarksville- I'll have to try it again with this and see if it works. :)