Friday, May 29, 2009

HT triples and a slow week at Publix

Crazy HT trip. Everyone was couponing! It was so funny. Last time they tripled, when I went (twice, once Friday and once early Sunday to get the things that were sold out) I didn't see anyone else with coupons. This time, everyone had their little coupon envelopes, binders and stashes out. :) I even overheard one DH comment to his wife, "I don't know honey, you're the coupon expert". LOL! Could be because our local Ms. Cheap did a segment on the news a couple of days ago about HT triples.
Not too terribly much excited me, and a few not free things, but decent deals on items I needed...

Harris Teeter
3 Viva paper towels ($.60/1 mq)
3 Skintimate shave gels ($.75/1 mq= free)
3 McCormick Garlic Salt with Parsley, Cali style spices ($.75/1 mq= free)
3 Nestle Flipz ($.50/1 mq)
3 Bumblebee tuna pouches ($.55/1 mq)
3 Tabasco sauce ($.50/1 mq= free)
1 Bisquick ($.60/1 mq)
Total oop: $9.68 - $2.42 for a q that didn't get scanned, had to go to CS desk= $7.26
Total saved: $36.29 (80% savings)

Publix was not a huge trip this week. Got some good deals on the things I wanted, but not too many moneymakers, so more oop than usual. Who would have thought there would be a day when $11.62 would be "a lot out of pocket" for a ton of groceries. :)
Saw our favorite manager (who LOVES Zachary and Natalya) and offered to babysit Z for me next time I come in if she's on her lunch break. :)

Publix
20 Kraft Mac&Cheese
2 Crystal Light To Go
2 Crystal Light Skin Essentials
4 Chips Ahoy
1 Taco Bell Home Originals Kit
2 Purina Beneful dog food
10 French's Mustard
4 Covergirl Lipstick
2 J&J first aid items
1 Del Monte Fruit Chillers
1 Morningstar hot dogs
Total oop: $11.62
Total savings: $95.xx (88% savings)

I think we're set on mustard for the next...two years or so. I have already given a bunch away and donated a bunch from the mm at Kroger the last go around with French's mustard. I have 15 containers of it in my cabinet now!

No comments: