Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Some more Walgreens love

I had to go to Walgreens today to see if they had my Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. Nope. I got a raincheck, but I hate doing that for the rr deals b/c it's a real pain in the butt. They did have three more Bayer meters in, so I got three of the six for the raincheck I had. :)

3 Bayer Contour meters
1 Right Guard Fast Break deo
1 Bayer Aspirin Quick Release
2 Listerine Total
2 walgreens Ibuprofen

Total oop: $6.73 ($2.74 wags gc+ $3.99 cash)
Total savings: $67.32, savings of 90%
RR's earned: $24.00 (plus remaining rr's, $15 = $39rr's left, I am going to try to use these at Publix)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I don't usually get rainchecks for RR deals because I heard you don't get the RRs after the sale is over. Is that not true?

Earthy Mama said...

Hey Melissa! This would be, it depends on your Walgreens. My walgreens is awesome and they always try to figure something out for me, if it's free after rr and I don't have coupons, sometimes they just make it free. If I have coupons for something, sometimes they give me a gift card in place of the rr's. There isn't a corporate policy on this, so it depends on how nice your wags is. :) For the contour deal, I got the raincheck for the price of $14.99 because the $5 rr is a month-long deal. For these three, she overrode the price for the raincheck, but the rr's printed.
hope that helps!

Melissa said...

Thanks for the info. My WAGs people are very nice...but unfortunately don't have a great understanding of RRs or coupons. They seem to think that when I use coupons, it's Walgreens giving me the discount.
So I doubt they would be able to figure anything out for me if the RR deal was over.
Thanks again for the info.

I can't put my URL here, but my blog site is http://thegreatcouponexperiment.blogspot.com/ if you care to visit me sometime.