Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My weekly Publix trip

Hit up Publix today (almost could be considered held up, since I made off like a bandit ;) )

The cashier was telling me about another person who saved a whole bunch who shopped last night and we discovered it was my fellow couponer Kelly. LOL. Then the manager had to come over to approve my q's (because I hit the $50 mark, darnit, forgot to split up the purchases) and she was saying how she was in the office, closing and couldn't believe the amount of q's in one of the registers. hehehe. This was the manager that doesn't like to give overage, so luckily I had a convo with the other manager when I came in about some of the coupons and I told her the other manager said it was ok. *whew* I also had a great conversation with the couple in line behind me who wanted to know where I got my coupons, how I got such great deals, and if they could go shopping with me next time. (people always say that!)

Here's what I got
2 Purina Friskies Cat Food [anyone have a cat??]
6 Reach Floss
1 Covergirl
6 Ritz Crackers
6 Wheat Thins
16 McCormick Spices
7 Fiber One yogurt
10 Kraft Cheese
4 Tombstone pizzas
2 Schick 4ct razors
2 Knox gelatin
8 ears corn
1 1/2 gallon Horizon milk
2 Dole cans pineapple
1 Kellog's Strawberry Frosted mini-wheats
8 tubs Country Crock butter
3 dozen eggs
2 Pompeii Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Wesson Vegetable Oil
Total oop: $26.18
Total saved: $206.89 (87%)

A side note- I cannot wait for next week!! It's going to be a really good week at Publix!!!

8 comments:

starbucksgirl said...

Right on girl. Great trip.

I found the following (sorry, I haven't had time to post).

1. "Live Well" Coupons (that don't expire) on the kiosk and also found right past the customer service desk.

2. Fire up the grill located where they make the meals in the store. Just go and ask for some. But don't worry if you can't find any. I'll hook you up.

starbucksgirl said...

That brussel sprout looks so pitiful doesn't it. LOL. It turns out I didn't need the 17 extra product items because my coupon balance was over $50 too last night. If I had played my cards right my balance would have been close to zero since I spent $4.33 on the produce and forgot to use my $10/100 instead of the $5/50 I used. Now, that would have been cool!

starbucksgirl said...

Brandy, I picked up 4 sets of flyers for you yesterday. I found the following:

Summer Savings
Fire up the Grill
Live Well

I'll hold on to them for you. The "summer savings" book was on the kiosk, "fire up the grill" was at the meal stand and the "live well" are both on the kiosk and on an end cap near the meat section at Maryland Farms.

Love ya,

Kel
PS - Thanks for the heads up about the printable Dentastix. I found 27 coupons yesterday in my inserts. Woo-hoo. Jason is going to print me several sets and we should end up with about $20 in overage. We'll portion that out over the weekend.

PPS - I'm off to Kroger today to get my Vitamin Waters and diapers. I read about the diaper deal on your blog. Can't wait to get those!

Tara said...

Awesome deals Brandy! I am so jealous that you have a store like that!

starbucksgirl said...

We want pictures next time!!!

Earthy Mama said...

Kelly, thanks for getting the flyers for me! I am going to go there on Saturday and brave the crowds (yipes!) to get my deals for this week. I will look to see if they still have some while I am there too. :)

starbucksgirl said...

Um, you are the best friend ever to post that link to the Whole Foods coupon. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'm up late tonight feeding the baby. :)

starbucksgirl said...

Brandy, if you are going to go this weekend then you might need those $3/1 charcoal coupons that are in the fire up the grill booklet. I have 4 of them for you. They will help with the charcoal/meat deal. :) Let me know if you want to stop by and get them or if you want me to attempt to mail them tomorrow (they'll probably arrive by Saturday when your mail gets there).