Thursday, February 7, 2008

A tragic loss


For some reason the loss of Heath Ledger to this world is hitting me really hard. It might be because he has a daughter that is three months younger than Natalya, or because I think he is an extremely gifted and wonderful actor, as well as down-to-earth, genuine and honest person.

Whatever the reason, I am absolutely heartbroken by his loss. Especially knowing that he wasn't doing illegal drugs, partying, or drinking to excess. His loss was one born of a brilliant mind. He had said in the past he couldn't sleep, that he would wake to his mind racing. That is why he had the prescriptions he did. Every time I read or see something about him in the news, I tear up, with grief over what a horrible loss this really is.

The only good to come of this will hopefully be that people will be more aware of what they're ingesting, and be it prescription or over-the-counter, and how much of it.

Rest in Peace Heath. You will be missed.

No comments: