Tuesday, February 5, 2008

part 2

Natalya in bed tonight:
N: Mommy, I want to read another book
Me: Natalya, we can read more books tomorrow, it's time to go to sleep
N: (crying) I want my Daddy to come home- right now.
Me: I know baby, I miss Daddy too, he can read you books when he comes home next week
N: Ok Mommy
N: Mommy, (she stands up) I want to see where Daddy is on this paper (pats the map on the wall)
Me: ok, (turns on light) We're here (I point to Clarksville) and Daddy is here (I point to Ft Wayne, IN) and he is driving here (I point to Michigan.
N: Mommy, where's Daddy on this paper? (goes to the other map)
I show her the same thing on the other map
N: Mommy look, here's a picture of it (She goes to her US puzzle and gets the piece of Texas and brings it back over to the map, holds it in front of Texas) See, a picture of it.
Me: oh yes, that's Texas, very good!
N: See Mommy, it matches.
Me: you're exactly right. You're so smart and you figured that out all by yourself didn't you?
N: (nods)
Me: ok, go put Texas back and we'll look at the map again tomorrow to see where Daddy is.
N: ok Mommy.

later...
N: (babbling on and on)
Me: Natalya, it's time to be quiet and go to sleep
N: (blah blah blah)
Me: N go to sleep.
N: I already DID!
Me: No, you didn't
N: yes I did.
Me: Hush.
N: No Mommy, I not hush.

No comments: