Friday, February 29, 2008

Natalya's first movie

Last night Natalya and I met Stephanie and Mady at the movie theatre for Natalya's first movie theatre experience. We went to go see Enchanted.
:)

What a blast. All day I was teeling her that we were going to go to the movies, and that once the movie came on she had to be quiet so as not to disturb anyone else in the theatre.
Periodically, I would ask her, are you excited to go see the movie? And she would say "YEAH!! Mommy, you have to be quiet in the movies". :) I also told her kind of what to expect, and that there would be animals, singing, and a big dragon. I didn't want her to be scared, so I was warning her. She said, "Mommy, I'm not scared of dragons".

We get there and it was cheap! It was a cheap theatre, and being that it wasn't a weekend, my ticket was $1.50 and she got in free because she's under three. I let her get a kids meal, popcorn, fruit snacks and water. She was so excited to have her own little box. She and Mady sat between Stephanie and I and I had to fold up my coat to put on the seat for N to sit on, because it was the flip up seats, and they were threatening to close on her and flip her up in them. Oops! Once we got that straightened out she was munching on her popcorn and then the lights went down, and the preview came on. She did not move. Her eyes were as big as saucers and she didn't even eat her popcorn. LOL! When the movie came on, I told her, it's coming on! She didn't even look at me- she was so enthralled.

After a while, I asked her if she was going to eat her popcorn and she started gingerly taking one piece and putting it in her mouth- without taking her eyes off the screen. :)
About halfway through the movie, Mady reached over to hold Natalya's hand and they held hands the rest of the movie. AWWWwwww! So cute! We did have one bathroom break toward the end. Then when the dragon came on, Natalya said, "Mommy, I'm not scared of dragons!" in a shaky voice. :)

She really had a good time, the movie was super cute, and I can't wait to take her to another one.

No comments: