Saturday, February 16, 2008

Detox your body...through your feet?

There's a new product out, well, fairly new, called detox foot pads. The idea is using old Chinese remedies and thought of the feet being the release of the toxins and things such as that, (think accupressure and the points in your feet), these pads are supposed to draw out toxins from your body while you sleep. You wear them three nights in a row and it's supposed to help cleanse you.

I wasn't sure if it was a total crock, or if it really did something, but I figured I'd give them a go. Got some for Doug too. (Happy Valentine's Day honey! You're toxic. Here, go cleanse. :D )

So I tried them out. Doug too. Ewww! GROSS!!! The pads start out white, and there's a little pocket of green tea and vinegar and who knows what else in there. I didn't expect much. To be honest, I figured it wouldn't do anything and it would be an interesting experiment. I put them on and laid down to go to sleep. As soon as I put them on, they felt warm, basically I figured the warmth was because I had something stuck to the bottom of my feet, which was strange, to say the least.

Then, while not expecting to feel anything, a few minutes later my feet started tingling and throbbing a little. It sort of felt like when you put a bandaid on a cut and you put it on too tight- that sort of throbbing. It was really weird. It sort of kept me up and I wanted to take them off because it was an odd, and slightly uncomfortable sensation. Luckily, I was really tired and fell asleep anyway.

Doug say he didn't notice anything, a little tingling, but nothing very noticeable...but he also is sick- has a bit of a head cold, and was sooo stopped up he couldn't breathe, but he didn't snore at all. Also weird (and very nice!).

So we woke up yesterday morning and pulled them off. GROSS!! Pics below if you want to see the results of the toxin dump.

Also, I wasn't hot and don't normally have sweaty feet so the result wasn't from sweaty foot syndrome.

Here's the really disgusting results... (smallest size possible so as not to be toooooo gross!)

No comments: