Monday, June 8, 2009

Shame on you CVS

As was suspected- What a fiasco!! I am SO glad I was in Nashville yesterday to go to CVS. I just called and told them my ecb's didn't print and my card was credited (so the next time I go in, it will print the ecbs). She was very nice, but when I asked about the deal, she said that as of this morning, the pampers are still on sale for 8.99, but the ecb's will not print. (They changed the ad on the website to reflect this as well.)

Wow. talk about bad business! They should honor anyone who printed the ad but couldn't get into the store at the limit 3 as stated in the weekly ad. I live 45 minutes from the nearest CVS and it just happens I was in Nashville where the CVS is yesterday. If I had not been, I wasn't planning on being there until Friday when I normally shop. If I had gone in Friday with my printout and they said they would not honor it I would be very angry indeed because it says right on it "promotion 6-7 - 6-13".

Yes, there are some people who were able to get a whole bunch because there was no limit placed on the online ad. But this is not their fault. It is not our responsibility as consumers to "guess" what a company wants you to do. The online ad did not have a limit. The in-store ad said "$8.99 limit 3" with no mention of bucks. What did they intend? Who knows. I suspect the intent was a limit 3 at that price with the bucks, but at this point, there's no telling.

This is the fault of CVS for poor planning. You CANNOT advertise a deal that good and not expect people to come in for it. If their computer system was not set up properly, it is entirely their fault.

You cannot blame people for taking advantage of a good deal. If they had set it up in the system properly with a "limit 3" or a "limit one" or whatnot, then people couldn't have gotten more than the limit.

You cannot blame people for getting items they need at a good deal if the store is incompetent.

CVS is at fault here. Plain and simple. And now they are just practicing poor business by pulling the ad and expecting the whole thing to go away.

6 comments:

starbucksgirl said...

Brandy, I read on ThriftyMama that the original ad was not on CVS's main website (so it looks as though a third party vendor is at fault). CVS noticed the mistake and pulled the online version through their vendor.

Earthy Mama said...

As a journalism major- I have to say what the mantra is- "prrofread, proofread, proofread". It should still be honored by those who printed the original ad.

What I've learned since doing the coupon "thang" ? If you see a great deal- RUN to the store before it's gone. :)

Earthy Mama said...

hehehe - do you like how I misspelled proofread? (nursing while typing- dangerous combination)

Tara said...

I knew there was something fishy about this one, I totally agree with what you are saying! What a bunch of bull, I didnt even try this anyways because I was off to KMart for double coupons, haha...I just hope CVS doesnt pull this again, hopefully they will learn from this "mistake"

Earthy Mama said...

Some people on HCW are saying they have been able to get this deal still with a printout of the ad from Sunday. A few stores even said they got an email from corporate stating they should honor the deal for people who bring in a copy of the ad. If so- GREAT! But it's hard to know because every person gets a different answer from customer service.

starbucksgirl said...

Brandy, I hope we can get together soon; I miss you!

BTW, I was able to use all of the Klondike Q's. I just didn't post Jason's deal. We printed some manufacturer coupons to go with the Food Lion Q's you gave me and they were super cheap. We have been eating them and they are DEEE-LICOUS.