Friday, June 12, 2009

Publix

I had to use up the rest of my rr's before they expired next week, since I wasn't sure if I'd be back down in Nashville before next Thursday, so I bought a few things I normally don't buy- like the BIG jug of maple syrup ($17.98) and two containers of spin/artichoke dip. Yum. I also had a great talk with the store manager at the Maryland Farms store. He is super nice and we talked about coupons and service and he said that his view is people are going to use coupons, he prefers they use them at HIS store, so he will pretty much let anything fly. Awesome. Then when I was leaving, he saw me coming up to the front, and told the cashier I was complimenting (she was on uscan) to open up a register so she could check me out. :) Some people think you should "fly under the radar" as a couponer, but I think that you should get to know the management and cashiers because then they know you and know you are trying to do things properly and not screw them over, so they are more likely to let you do things like (use two coupons that expired yesterday! ack!) the mgr saying it was ok to use my coupons that just expired. :)

Anyway...
Here's the deal:

2 Publix Spinach/Artichoke dip ($3/$10 flip)
6 Chex Mix ($1/2 Targetq and $.50/1 mq)
2 Cheerios ($1/1 mq)
2 Kashi honey Sunshine ($1.50/2 Whole Foods q and $1/2 mq)
6 Sundown Vitamins ($6/2 Publix q and $1/1 mq)
2 Clorox GreenWorks all-purpose cleaner ($1/1 Food Lion q and $.50/1 mq)
1 half gallon Stonyfield milk (no coupon- forgot it)
2lb Driscoll strawberries ($1/1 Target q)
1 12-pk Kleenex Cottonelle tp ($1/1 Target q and $1/1 mq)
1/4 seedless watermelon (no q)
1 dishwashing scrubber (my grandmother picked up and it accidentally ended up in my cart) (no q)
-$40 rr's
Total oop: $11.09 (total before tax was $4.33- would have been under a dollar without the dishwashing thingee)
Total savings: $109.86 (90%)

However... two of the vitamins I picked up were clearance priced at 3.07, but rang up at 3.99. So I got one for free and then got the difference back on the second. So I got back $5.38, making my total oop: $5.71, savings: $115.24 (95%)

I also forgot to give her my Stonyfield coupon, so that would have been another dollar off. Oh well. It doesn't expire until Dec, so I can still use it.

I am excited about the Morningstar on sale next week! If only I had coupons that didn't expire two days prior to the sale!!! Argh!!

4 comments:

Becky said...

That's a great shop and lots of helpful info about the MF Publix. I usually shop Royal Oaks, and Brentwoods pretty far away. All those Target Qs and RRs make it look tempting!

Margery said...

Great trip this week. I did the Sundown vitamins deal too, and will probably do it again.

I'm looking forward to the Morningstar Sale, too, at Publix. Don't forget about the $1/1 Morningstar Target IPs, if your store accepts Target coupons as a competitor.

Blessings.

Earthy Mama said...

Becky- I know! I shop there a lot and had never had a long conversation with the manager. I have said hi and such and he always seemed very friendly, so I wanted to take a minute to talk with him and tell him how much I love shopping there and that I travel from Clarksville to shop at his store. I told him I have a Food Lion a mile from my house, but I drive there to use my Food Lion coupons. :) It is totally worth it both for my sanity and my great deals! If you go in- look for Ben or T-Leigh- they are the best!

Margery- I know! I have some of those Target q's, but I was hoping for some mq's to stack them with. (Bidding on ebay is insanity right now!) I did find one printable for Morningtar burgers, but I am on the hunt for one for the breakfast or crumbles and dogs. :) (If you need a link to the burger q let em know- I'll post it)

Tara said...

great job! nice to know there are some decent managers left in this world, haha