Friday, June 5, 2009

Publix and CVS- my Nashville stops

I made 5 transactions to cut down on the amount of coupons per transaction. This helps keep the manager from having to stand there for an hour typing in his/her code to approve all the coupons over $50. It works pretty well. I got several "great jobs!" from the managers and the cashier said she loves when I go through her line because I always inspire her! Yay!

Publix
4 Seapak popcorn shrimp (on sale bogo, used 2 $1/2 ip coupons)
3 2lb frozen medium shrimp (no coupons, no sale)
5 Ritz Crackers (on sale bogo, used 5 $1/1 Food Lion coupons)
5 boxes Wheat Thins (used 5 "get wheat thins free when you buy Ritz crackers")
5 8pk coke bottles (used 5 Publix advatage buy flyer $1/1 coupons and 5 "save $2 wyb two nabisco cracker and 1 8 pk coke" tearpad coupons)
10 Bertolli pasta sauce (on sale bogo, used 5 $1/2 coupons from Publix booklet)
1 bag ice (had to keep all that frozen food cold on the way home!) (no coupons)
2 Morningstar Chicken Nuggets (used 2 Publix $1/1 store coupons and 2 $1.50/1 ip mq's)
7 Planters cocktail peanuts (used 7 Food Lion $2/1 Planters coupons and 7 $1/1 Planters printable mq's)
8 packs Klondike bars (on sale bogo, used 5 $1.25/1 mq's and 8 $1/1 Food Lion coupons)
19 bags Mahatma rice (used 19 $.50/1 mq's)
4 bags Orange Roughy (no coupons, on sale for $6.99)
3 boxes Planters Trail Mix Daybreak Blend (used 3 Food Lion $2/1 q's)
1 Tic Tacs (to keep the baby happy- the box rattles!)
3 Hunts ketchup (used 1 $1/2 mq and 1 "free" coupon)
2 Mt Dew 20 oz (no q's- filler)
3 lb bananas (no q's)
2 avocados (used 1 $1/2 coupon)
4 boxes Hefty trash bags (on adv. buy and used 4 $1/1 mq and 4 $1/1 Target printable q)

*used $96 rr's earned from Bayer meters at Wags (I have apporximately $96 in rr's left to spend in the next two weeks before they expire so I am stocking up on frozen seafood and other things we don't normally buy b/c of cost factors)

Total oop: $13.53
Total saved (including rr's): $303.78 (96%)

CVS
3 Aveeno Shower Gel/Bath oil
1 Aveeno cream cleanser
*used $5 ecbs
Total oop: $10.24
Total savings: $25.97
Total ecbs earned: $10

3 comments:

Dean Harrison - Window Treatment Installations said...

I would love to purchase my groceries with have the savings that you got here. How ever in the world did you pull that off? Did you use traditional coupons or digital or both? What gives?

Thanks in advance. :~)

Earthy Mama said...

Well- it's mostly because of Publix! Do you shop at Publix or have a Publix near you? I have gone back and edited my original post to show the coupons and sales I used. I hope it helps you out!! Since discovering that Publix has such great deals, I have been a Publix shopper pretty much exclusively!!

Tara said...

good job Brandy!!!