Friday, October 12, 2007

Moving sucks. Part 1.

Ugh. This is the part I hate about moving, except for the moving. :) The packing. Even harder that I have a 27 month old daughter who goes behind me taking things out of boxes that I just put in there.
This makes my usual packing method of, start packing a box in the kitchen, find a sock, take it to the bedroom and start a box for clothes we're not wearing, find a photo album, take it to the office and start a box for books, find a tupperware lid, go to kitchen and put in kitchen box, etc, especially difficult, so I've had to adjust my packing methods. This means I have to finish and tape a box before little hands can start pulling things out. This also means little helpers beg to help with the tape, and writing things on the boxes.
My boxes will soon be labeled with Natalya writing and no one will know what's in them anyway, so I should give up on my organized packing and just throw everything in boxes and get on with it already.
Then there's the fact that I am doing this entire packing thing by myself. That's fun too. It will be even more fun when husband goes to look for something and can't find it because I've already packed it away. :) And don't remember what box it's in!

It will soon be all a distant memory...

No comments: