Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I am a seriously proud mama.

Natalya has been taking Water Babies for two months, She's probably had 7 or 8 45-minute classes. At the beginning she wouldn't let me put her on her back and was a little nervous about me not being attached to her. Today she had one of those noodles under her arms and was swimming without any help! I was about twenty feet away and the lifeguard was a couple of feet away and she was swimming to me, kicking and paddling like crazy. Last week she was doing it, but whining "mommy, pick me up" and "Mommy, I want to put it up (the noodle)" the whole time. Today she was smiling and laughing while swimming. She will also hold her breath and go under water, wearing her goggles, and look for an object (if I hold her).
The lifeguard asked me when she was going to turn three and I said, oh, she just turned two a couple of months ago! She was shocked. She said "That's AMAZING! She's going to be swimming before she's three"
I am so proud of her!!

Then, in her gymnastics class, we just started a new session and there are a few new moms in there. The class she is in is a 3-4 year old class, and the other moms thought she was about three and a half based on her balance. She can walk on the beam all by herself, frontward and side-to-side. She has such great balance it blows me away.

I am so proud of her and so glad I got her started on these sorts of things. She loves it and, especially the swimming, it's such a good skill to have!

No comments: