Thursday, September 6, 2007

I am the luckiest woman on this planet


I never thought I'd be saying that- especially lately, but I am truly lucky indeed to have such a wonderful family and friends, and I don't show them appreciation nearly enough.
My family stands behind me and supports me no matter what crazy thing is happening. And they are stuck with me ;)

My friends on the other hand, choose to be friends with me and they are an incredible group of women and men. Several of my friends I have known since childhood (holy cow, has it really been over 20 years!?) and they are always there for me- they might as well be siblings ;).

Then we've got my friends who I have known for about 7 years, all thanks to working at EGG (I knew there was a reason I was employed there!) who I can always count on in a pinch (inlcuding one couple who cancelled their anniversary plans to help Doug and I paint our entire house to prep it for sale. *ahem* Malinda and Denise. We won't ever forget that!!).

Then there's my new friends. The ones I've known for nearly three years but never met. The internet is a wonderful, amazing thing. I am truly lucky to be a part of a group of diverse and loving, caring, knowledgeable women. I am thankful every day for this, but don't often say it- so there it is. They listen to me vent about crazy things, offer wonderful advice and are there for me in times of great tragedy.

Another of my online friends whom I have never met should also be added to this list. She is one of the most amazing, generous women I have known and I know one day I will make it to Oregon to meet her because I feel like we've always known one another. Heather, you are a beautiful person and I am honored to have such a treasured friend.

The picture in this post is of a memory quilt Heather made for me. It's so incredibly soft and beautiful. I received it on Tuesday, my due date, and I will admit to shedding a few tears when I opened it, but they were not sad tears.

Thank you Heather.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you, too, Brandy. I can't be there to hug you through the tears, but my love and prayers are with you nonetheless. Heather