Sunday, August 26, 2007

Natalya hates to sleep

Natalya has a new ploy to get up at night. She waits until I turn the light out, then a few seconds later, I hear a little voice: "Mommy, I'm HUNGRY!!" and if that doesn't work (which it doesn't), "Mommy I have to go pee-pee in the potty"
Now, both of these are very clever, because i don't want her to starve, but at the same time, I don't want her to think that she can get out of bed by telling me she is hungry. And I want her to tell me when she has to go to the potty, so I don't really want to ignore that one because we are trying to get her potty-learned, but again, i don't want her thinking she can use that to get out of bed.

My clever child.

1 comment:

Julie E. Bloemeke said...

wouldn't you know that G tried this too? For hungry, I said "ok, you can have a slice of plain wheat toast and some water." the first night he took me up on it, though he did try to ask for other foods. I told him it was late at night and other things would upset his tummy. He asked to eat for a few more nights, but when I said "okay, I will go and make you some plain wheat toast" he quickly changed his mind. As for the potty, we never did really solve that one, though he potty trained later, so it was a different set of issues. :) And G LOVES the hairbrush song! (We have the singing larry actually!)