Friday, August 17, 2007

My baby's growing up!

*sniff* *sniff*
She had her first gymnastics class at the Y yesterday. She was very hesitant at first, but when they started doing somersaults I asked her if she wanted to try it and she said "YEP!" so she went over to the teacher and took her hand and did it without any mommy interference.

Then when it was time to go to the bars- to hang upside down and do flips she went over there while I stayed across the room, I was so proud of her! She was very good too- the other kids were running around like maniacs and the teacher told them they had to sit down and wait if they wanted a turn so she plopped down and didn't move. Of course, she had a turn, then sat back down, and the other kids were running around and the teacher was calling them to come over to have a turn and they didn't, and it was a little irritating because Natalya was looking at her very patiently, like, I am sitting, you said only kids sitting could have a turn, so can I have a turn? Finally the teacher let Natalya go again because the other kids were ignoring her. ah well.

She had so much fun she didn't want to leave! I had to try to explain we were going back next week.

I can't believe how big she is! I am so proud of her.

No comments: