Thursday, July 17, 2008

Out of the mouths...

Conversations from yesterday

1)
Natalya: Mommy where are we going?
Me: to the lake to take pictures and feed the geese
N: where are the geese?
Me: at the lake
N: but where are the geese mommy
Me: at the lake
[pause]
N: where are the geese mommy?
Me: Natalya, I said, they're at the lake.
N: oh. My mistake.

2)
Doug: do you think this lettuce is bad? [shows me bag of lettuce, a little brown]
Me: yuk.
Me: [to Natalya] More people should've eaten salads at your birthday party Natalya.
N: what'd you say Mom?
Me: More people should've eaten salads at your birthday party.
N: What?
Me: Can't you hear me? I'm sitting three inches away. I said, more people should've eaten salads at your party.
N: I didn't hear you, say it right in my ear [points to her ear with her fork]

No comments: