Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Natalya's officially 3 years old!

I cannot believe it. My firstborn is three years old. Is that even possible??? How did that happen so quickly?

She is so independent. She mostly wants to be left alone to do her own thing, much like her daddy at her age. She likes playing with other children, but at home when it is just she and I, she will often be off doing her own thing. Like now, she is sitting on the floor with a horse/carriage and putting a duck in it, the duck and horse are having a conversation which sounds something like this: "quack quack" "oh little horse, I know" etc etc...

She is generous and kind and polite. She will share whatever she has with you, will go and get things for you when you ask, will offer help when you're doing (anything), always says please, thank you and you're welcome. And she loves babies. Absolutely loves them. Whenever we see her friend Mady and her brother Ethan (who is one), she is so good with him. Sweet and helpful. I just know she's going to be a wonderful big sister.

She is athletic! Man! She loves to climb and jump and loves her gymnastics classes and any time we go swimming, she has an absolute ball. We have these two poles, about 7-8 feet tall in our basement that are for structural support for the upper level of the house, and she can climb them, bottom to top, with her bare hands and feet- insane! Her upper body strength is ridiculous. All her gymnastics instructors have always said she is incredibly strong for her age, both upper body and legs. She has a lot of power in that little compact body. And as for swimming- she is getting so good! When we go, she wears those arm floaties and she will lean forward, putting her face in the water, and laying flat/floating on her tummy and swim across the pool! She has started doing this on her own accord, without any prompting from me (but lots of kudos! ;)

I just can't believe how big she is. She has her three-year old annual appointment on Thursday, but I believe she is around 33 pounds and nearly 38 inches tall.

Her birthday party was on Sunday afternoon and she had so much fun. Her great-grandparents were all in attendance, and my parents (her grandparents) as well as her uncle (my brother) and her friends Mady and Ethan and their parents. She had so much fun seeing everyone and playing with Mady. She told me that morning that "all my people are coming over today". Three years old, and she's already got people. :D

It goes by so fast. I am just trying to remember every minute of it.

No comments: