Thursday, July 3, 2008

My little girl's growing up

*sniff*

We've had some crazy days lately of mostly me trying to figure out the best way to get the sleep schedule under control. Suddenly she doesn't want to nap, but she wants to get up at 6am.

So today we went swimming at a friend's house- more about that later- and after getting up at 6am and swimming for four hours and getting home a little after 4pm, no nap, she was exhausted. She also has a rash of some sort- contact allergy- so I was supposed ot give her some benadryl before bed.

By 6:15pm I was reading her a book and putting her to bed. Lights out by 6:30pm and she was sound asleep in under a minute. Poor thing.

So later on, I was downstairs watching tv and Doug was asleep in our bedroom. I hear a click and then I thought I heard "Mommy". I went upstairs and heard the potty seat being lifted and then as I waslked in (in the total darkness) she was peeing. I was amazed. Sometimes she will wake up and have to go potty and I told her a few times that she doesn't need to turn the light on, that she can see fine since her eyes are adjusted to the dark. But I always help her, putting her on the seat and such. Not this time. When I didn't respond, she went on in our bathroom and went by herself. *sniff* she's getting so grown up!

I wiped her and told her to pull her pants up and then handed her "lamby" a stuffed lamb that she was sleeping with, and then we went back in her room. She lay down and I gave her a big kiss and told her how proud I was of her that she had gone to the bathroom all by herself. She said "thank you mommy".

Then she was back asleep in under a few minutes.

I can't believe it. No accidents. Even as tired as she was, and on the benadryl (which knocks her out), she woke up and went to the bathroom all by herself.

No comments: