Friday, July 25, 2008

25 weeks already?

Can it be? Am I over halfway there already? The answer apparently, is yes. :)

Yesterday I had my 25 week appointment with the midwife and everything looks good. Baby's hb loud and clear and around 140-142. Measuring good. She said, he's really growing in there huh? LOL. I said yep, I grow 'em big. My bp is so far so good, so good news there.

I drank the nasty glucose crap. Blech. They only had the lemon-lime flavor cold. I would have much preferred the orange, but oh well. We talked about the plan, and she is going to write up a plan of attack, so to speak for the remainder of my pregnancy. I go back in three weeks for a regular visit, hb, measurement, etc. Then I go in two more weeks, at 30 weeks, for an u/s and non-stress test, along with some other things. After that I will go weekly for ns tests and then have a few more u/s's.

We talked a bit about the "weird" things surrounding m's birth, the large amt of amniotic fluid and the dark meconium staining, but the fact that everything was "normal" according to autopsy and pathology reports. She wants to kind of keep an eye on things, and I'm all for it.

She wasn't too concerned about the spotting I had last weekend, said it was pretty common as you have more pregnancies, sometimes you can have some blood on your cervix that comes out and it's no big deal. *whew*

I'm really feeling good about my mw and everything she has planned. I also told her that N wanted to be at the birth and she said that was totally fine. I told her my Mom was going to be there for her to totally just take care of her and be there for her and she said that was great. We also talked a smidge about my birth plan and I told her we had the one from N and that I would update it and bring it in next time.

Oh, and I'm up to 172lb. Yay. That's a gain of around 17lb so far (awesome for me).

And ironically, I saw my cousin, who I haven't seen in ages, the one who's due around the same time as me and they've changed her due date. I am due the 6th of Nov and she is now due the 5th. HA! Wouldn't it be funny if we were in labor at the same time? We're delivering at different hospitals though, but still funny.

No comments: