Monday, October 8, 2007

My child is a nut. :)

But in a good way!

We went up to Nashville this past weekend to check out some houses, visit family and for me to meet up with the guy I will be working with once I move.

Natalya had a great time, but, of course, had her moments.

Last night, she discovered Mamu's bag of curlers and wanted me to put them in her hair. She stood while I did her entire head.

Later she points to her chest with both hands and says "Lookit Mommy. Boobies!" Then, "Where's my bra?"

We went to go see a house in Clarksville, then went and visited a friend of mine from college- she has a daughter eleven months older than Natalya. Natalya LOVED playing with her. All the way home, "Mommy, where's Mady? Play with Mady Mommy! Please.....play with mady" I told her she'll have plenty of opportunities soon. :) It looks like the hoiuse we looked at is going to work! The location is good, on a cul-de-sac, with an acre+ of land (mostly wooded)It's super quiet and the guy said deer come hang out in the back yard all the time. The house is a small cottage, so the rooms aren't huge, but it has a one-car garage and a finished basement almost the size of the house, so it's got lots of storage (YAY!!) and room. It is also about five minutes from my friend's house. Super-YAY! As of now, it looks like we'll be able to get the keys on Nov. 17th, so the tentative plan is to move that Saturday, or the next one. (pencil it in on your calendars. ;) )

While visiting my friend, Natalya also got to hold her three-month old (born the day before her birthday, and nine days after Margaret). She was SO cute! "Mommy, I carry baby please". She would sit on the couch and put her arms out so she could hold him, then wrap her arms around him and pat his back and rub his chest and say "Mommy, he is sooooo cute!"

I had my first moment where I didn't know what to say, or if I should say anything about Margaret. The agent showing the house asked me if Natalya was an only child. I wanted to tell her no, but it was easier to just say "for now". :( I felt like I was not being honest to her memory, but I guess it's easier that way sometimes.

We bought Natalya a Halloween costume today. And no, I'm not telling what it is. You'll have to wait and see yourself. ;)

1 comment:

Earthy Mama said...

I don't know that person- don't click that link. Thanks.