Saturday, June 13, 2009

My babies are growing up on me.

Zachary had a mini-appointment yesterday to get an IPV booster vaccine. He is 19.35lb. We moved him to the convertible carseat since infant carriers only go to 20lb. I put him in it for the first time tonight and I almost shed a tear for him growing up and getting so big! He is cutting tooth number two (bottom front right), already has the first one, the front bottom left. He enjoys chewing on me with his teeth. fun! :)

He is sitting up pretty well, when he begins to tip over, he'll shoot one arm out to right himself. He still does fall over a lot, but he's getting there.

We went "camping" this week. I call it our non-camping camping trip. LOL. The plan was to tent camp at Rock Island State Park, or, if it looked like bad weather, rent a cabin for the night. When we got there, we discovered that Bonnaroo was this week/end and the tent campsites were all booked up. There were two cabins, but they had a two-night minimum stay and we didn't want to pay two nights for one night of stay. So we went over to the river and played on the beach and N and Doug played in the water. Z did not care for the river. He loves the bath, but he sort of looked at me like, 'woman? what are you thinking putting me in here. Gross.' hehe. Natalya loved it though. I had to bribe her to get her to leave.

We were flying by the seat of our pants and didn't really want to drive home so we drove over to Cookevill for dinner and pulled up to the Days Inn and stayed there for the night. I whipped out my (free- Thanks Kelly!) Entertainment Book and found a 15% off discount at Days Inn, so we got the discount too. :) Natalya was really excited about staying in the hotel and wasn't too upset about not being able to stay in the tent. I sort of played it up- "Natalya! We're going to stay in a hotel! You can sleep on the floor in your sleeping bag! It'll be just like camping!" She bought it. :)

And thank goodness! Because it STORMED that night. I was so happy to not be in a tent.

We had a good trip and then when we got home Doug took N to gymnastics for her new class. She moved up to Mighty Mites from the Preschool class and she is having an absolute ball. She has learned all kinds of new things and is loving every second of it.

I'll try to post some pics in a bit. :)

No comments: