Monday, August 4, 2008

i it possible? could it be?

I was afraid to even say anything for fear of jinxng it, but I think N is ready to start going to sleep by herself!!! And it couldn't have happened soon enough as I'm going to have another one eating up my sleep time soon.

For years I had to lay down in bed with her so she would go to sleep. This was up from her nursing herself to sleep. We gradually shifted over to me sitting at the foot of her bed while she fell asleep, then I would sneak out. The other night, she woke up at 4:30am and came ot get me.Normally this would entail me sitting in her room for 20 minutes to one hour, but after a few minutes, I had to go to the bathroom (big surprise), so I got up and quietly opened the door. Instead of sitting bolt upright in bed and freaking out, she quietly said, "Mommy? Where are you going?" To which I whispered, I have to go to the bathroom, then I'm going to bed. She said, "ok"

Now, I have tried this before, and she would show up in my room about 10 minutes later crying and wanting me to come back, but this time...she didn't! She woke me up around 8:30am.

So... the past four-five nights, I have been sitting in her room for a few minutes then getting up, and if she says something, usually "mommy?" I would say, "Good night Natalya. I love you" to which she replies, "I love you too" and then I leave.

No crying.
No whining.
No yelling.
No in and out of the room for hours.
No showing up in my room just as I've gotten comfortable and waking me up.

Just...sleep!! Soon I will make the leap to kissing her goodnight then leaving the room right away, but for now, I'll take this. :D

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: