Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I won!

I should actually credit Doug for this.
I have been wanting to get another Freehand Mei Tai. I love them so much I want a back-up, but they recently were bought by another person/company so they've been out of circulation for a while since the old owner stopped making them a bit ago and the new owner is currently making them to sell.

Anyway, I checked in on their site Saturday and they're in the process of making them now to sell but they aren't currently selling them. Meanwhile, to celebrate, they were having a contest. Tell why your baby carrier helped you, or your favorite babywearing moments, etc.

I shared Doug's story and won!

The cool thing is that the contest was only through May and I entered it on May 31st at like 10:30pm. (although I think they are extending it for a few more months, I don't know if a FH will be the prize)

If anyone else wants to enter for this month, the website is: http://www.togetherbe.com/contestFre...iGiveAway.aspx

Here's my (doug's) story as it was posted:
Brandy, Clarksville
"My daughter is nearly three years old and we still wear her in her Freehand MT that we've had since she was a newborn. It has been a lifesaver for us for everything from housecleaning to outings where strollers aren't feasible. In the beginning though, my husband wore her most, nearly 75% of the day, as I worked full-time and he was a sahm Dad. One day I received a phone call from him at work and he informed me that he would no longer be wearing her without a shirt. My daughter, who had refused her bottle twice (nothing new) was fussing (nothing new) so he put her on and was washing dishes. Suddenly he got a shock as she latched on and sucked her heart out. My poor child was probably wondering why Mom's boobs were suddenly flat and hairy while my husband was thankful that I had recently showed him the proper de-latch technique. He appreciated me breastfeeding a lot more after that. "

No comments: