Tuesday, January 15, 2008

That's "Mommy" to you.

My not even three year old daughter is calling me "Mom". And it's driving me crazy! I have no idea where she got it from- it's not like she has any older siblings. I think she does it on purpose because she knows I hate it. She also will occasionally call me "mother" which I really hate (because my grandmother will say things like "Take this to your mother"). "Brandy" is just plain funny- mostly because she says "bindy", and she never calls me the same thing in a thirty minute period. It ranges from "Mommy", "mama", "Mom", "mother" to "bindy"

I will refuse to answer her when she calls me "mother" and sometimes "mom" and "brandy"

*sigh*. I swear she's 2 going on 14.

She also tells me things like "Mommy, why are we going to the pet store? To get crickets? Geckoes are hungry. hungry, hungry geckoes. I like the mccaw. Can we go to Wal-Mart"
And she says it just like that too. She's going to wear me ragged before I turn 31.


In typical Natalya fashion, here's a conversation we exchanged last night:

Natalya types on the keyboard
Me: Natalya, stop it please
Natalya: I will NOT STOP IT! (said loud)
Me: Natalya stop yelling in my ear
Natalya: (leans into my ear and stage-whispers) I will not stop it
Me *snicker*
Natalya: Mom, what are you doing?
Me: typing
Natalya: Why are you typing Mom?
Natalya: (climbing over the arm of my chair) I have to go pee again! Mommy, I want to go with you (which means, she wants me to go with her)

And here's one from yesterday:

Natalya: Mommy why are we going to the store? Can we go to get popcorn. I'm hungry.
Me: Natalya, you didn't eat your oatmeal so you'll have to wait until we get home.
Natalya: Ok Mommy.
Natalya: Mommy? I'm hungry.
Me: Natalya, you'll have to wait.
Natalya: I want grits.
Me: Natalya, I don't have any grits in the car. You have to wait.
Natalya (starting to get really whiny and high-pitched): I want grits, I'm hungry. I don't want to go to the store.
Me: Natalya, that's enough. Hush.
Natalya: I don't want to stop talking. I want to talk.

No comments: