Monday, September 3, 2007

Upgrading to big girl panties

Natalya received a box of goodies from her great-grandparents a week or so ago, and in the box was a pack of big-girl panties. I washed them and they were in the basket of clean clothes. Natalya pulled them out while I was putting clothes up and put a pair on (all by herself, the right way). I explained that they were panties, not like her diaper and if she needed to go potty, she had to pull them down to go. "OK mama" she says. Fastforward about three minutes to a puddle and her saying "Mama, pee-pee on floor!". So not quite ready yet, but she's working on it!
Then Saturday evening, she brought me a pair of her training panties and asked me to help her put them on. We went through the long explanation about panties again, and how you pull them down to sit on the potty. SHe disappears off to play. About ten minutes later, she comes back with them on funny- both legs in one hole and she's hobbling to me, asking me to "fix it".
I was wondering why she had taken them off, and corrected the problem. I went upstairs to go to the bathroom myself and I realized that she had gone pee-pee in the potty, all by herself. I was ECSTATIC! I asked her if she pulled her panties down and went pee-pee in the potty all by herself and she grinned and nodded her head, "yes mama". So we did a big big-girl potty dance.
She has worn them off and on the last two days with about 40% success of pulling them down to go potty. I can't believe it!! I have a feeling it won't be too much longer that she has it all figured out.

No comments: